In the past, people often had teeth extracted due to dental problems. These days, extractions are less frequent, but sometimes they are indicated.
Reasons for extraction:
- extensive damage to tooth
- periodontal disease
- failure of root canal treatment
- prevention of complications
- severe dental infections
- cracks in a tooth root
- to improve appearance (usually directed by an orthodontist)
- teeth with no function
- impacted teeth, including wisdom teeth
Some teeth are relatively easy to remove, while others are quite difficult. Here at Moore Street Dental, we offer the option of referral to a specialist oral and maxillofacial surgeon if your extraction looks difficult, or the risk of complications is high.